For the second time this year, JSTS-branded bicycle clothing (jerseys, jackets, vests, bib shorts and shorts) will be available from the Ascend online store. The store will be open for two weeks from Monday, September 7th through Sunday September 20th. Production will start on 9/21 and items will be delivered in 5 – 7 weeks after that date. Please review the fitting and clothing detail information below.
Here is the JSTS Ascend store’s URL:
It will be operational from Monday September 7th through Sunday September 20th..
JSTS Store support:
If you have general questions about how to order on the web site, contact Jean Roy and he can probably help:
If you have specific questions about clothing items (advice on fitting, fabric, etc.), contact Nicole Thompson who is our Ascend representative:
Phone: 800-894-7105 ext.124
NOTES (sizing and other details):
1. Ignore the “MY ACCOUNT” link at the top of the page. You do not need to have an account on the Ascend web site to order clothes.
2. The store home page displays everything except wind vests – they’re on a second page (go to the bottom and click the link to that page).
3. Jersey sizing: The Race cut (Volare Elite only) is skin-tight, the Sport cut is a little more generous, and the Relaxed Cut (Elevate only) is even more generous. The Relaxed Cut replaces last year’s Club cut and only the sizing has been adjusted. Last year’s Medium Club cut is this year’s Large Relaxed cut.
4. Jersey Details:
a. Jerseys will be a little shorter this year than last. We had complaints that last year’s shirts seemed too long. Apparently Ascend folks listen to their customers.
b. All jerseys are available in short sleeve, long sleeve and sleeveless – there’s a drop-down selection list on each shirt’s description page.
c. The jerseys have a full-length front zipper that detaches.
d. Jerseys will have a vertical zipper on the right rear pocket. Last year, they had horizontal zippers on the middle rear pocket.
e. What’s the difference between the Elevate and much more expensive Volare Elite jerseys? The Sport cut fit should be identical for both styles. Volare Elite jerseys are designed to keep you extra cool. They are lighter and have mesh under the arms and on part of the back. They also have power band elastics on the arms.
5. Jacket & Vest sizing: Jackets/vests have the same fit as Sport Cut jerseys for men and women. If you fit in a Large Sport Cut Jersey, get a Large jacket/vest. If you fit in a Relaxed Cut jersey, get a jacket/vest one size larger (if you wear a Large Relaxed cut jersey, get an Extra Large jacket/vest).
6. Jacket/vest details:
a. Wind jackets/vests are thin and have very sheer and breathable backs. Each jacket has a toggle and cord on the center rear pocket so it can be folded into the pocket and closed into a pouch. No pocket zippers.
b. Thermal jackets/vests are heavy and should be quite warm. They have a vertical zipper on the right rear pocket. No toggles.
7. Bib/Short details: The main page only shows pictures of bib shorts. You can select either bib or plain shorts on each short/bib description page.